The 4th LOGIN General Assembly (13-15 December 2016) recently concluded in Colombo, Sri Lanka. Over 90 participants from 14 countries in South and East Asia, SDC Country and Head Offices, LOGIN's Operational Committee and Secretariat took part in the meeting and enriched it with their contributions.
Key outcomes of the meeting included the following:
- Towards defining LOGIN's transition plan towards an independent entity, an Organisational Development Study and Legal Study will be conducted for LOGIN in early 2017. The proposals from these studies will be presented to the extraordinary General Assembly to be held in June/July 2017 to take a decision on revised structure for LOGIN.
- A broad framework for Learning Calendar for LOGIN for 2017 and beyond was presented to GA. The Learning Calendar will be readied within the first quarter of 2017.
- A meeting of members who have indicated interest to be part of TLCs in LOGIN will be held in February 2017 to define the learning aspirations and develop the trajectories of growth of one or more Thematic Learning Communities in LOGIN.
- With a view to better capture of the outcomes of LOGIN, a process will be undertaken to review and reformulate the Results Framework of LOGIN by mid-2017
- Sri Lanka was ratified as a new member country of LOGIN in 4th GA
- The Operational Committee was expanded with representation from the membership.